We all hate vehicle breakdowns. But even if you have looked after your car, van, etc.. it is always best to be prepared, just in case. So, here’s a vehicle breakdown checklist of all the essential items that you must have in your vehicle. As part of the breakdown process, make sure that you alert other drivers to your presence and take care of your passenger’s needs too as well as look after yourself.
- Your vehicle breakdown service company membership details.
- Vehicle breakdown service company contact details.
- A warning triangle.
- A high visibility jacket which is in arms’ reach from the driver’s seat.
- A working torchlight.
- Spare batteries for the torchlight (unless its hand cranked!).
- Chocolate bars.
- A working fire extinguisher (make sure it hasn’t expired).
- A first aid kit. Read our First Aid Kit Checklist for more details.
- Spare light bulbs.
- Drinking water.
- A charged mobile phone.