It’s time to celebrate the new arrival with a baby shower party! Are you hosting or helping out getting one organized? Here’s exactly what you need; use this Baby Shower Party Checklist to make sure that you’re all prepared and even have time to enjoy the baby shower party too!
- Select a party theme.
- Complete your guest list. Make sure to consult with the parents-to-be.
- Register for baby gifts at a department store or baby equipment supplier.
- Establish your shower budget and find co-hosts to split the expenses.
- Set your party date and time. Have the baby shower 6 weeks before the mother-to-be’s due date.
- Find and reserve location if having the party away from your home.
- If you are having your food catered, find and hire a caterer.
- Create and send baby shower invitations.
- Manage RSVPs.
- Plan your party menu and decide on the décor and music.
- Take inventory of kitchen items and tableware for the party and acquire missing items.
- Take inventory of party supplies and purchase needed decoration items.
- Decide baby shower games, prizes and baby shower goodie bags. Order or purchase necessary items.
- If you’re making your shower goodie bags, start now.
- Order any party rental equipment.
- Purchase non-perishable food and drinks for your party.
- If you are hosting your party away from home or hiring a caterer, call to confirm.
- Call non-RSVP guests.
- Order cake or make and freeze cake (without icing).
- Purchase perishable food except fresh meat.
- Make sure your camera is charged, has film and is ready to capture memories.
- Prepare a list of guests to record gifts.
- Buy flowers.
- Confirm with restaurant/location and caterer again.
- Prepare food that can be refrigerated, make sauces, wash and chop vegetables.
- Clean your house. Put out clean towels. Make sure you have enough toilet paper.
- Plan and set out games and prizes.
- Decorate and arrange your home for the party.
- Refrigerate drinks, defrost frozen foods and homemade cake.
On the Baby Shower Party Day
- Set up table and bar.
- Prepare food.
- Ice homemade cake.
- Chill wine (not for the mum-to-be!) and other drinks.
- Pick up cake, ice and balloons.
- Get dressed but consider wearing an apron.
- Reheat prepared food.
- Toss salad and set out food.
- Light candles, start music and if you have one on, take off your apron.
- Relax, smile and have fun!Party Time!!!