In any emergency a family member , friend, a stranger or even you, yourself may suffer an injury. Make sure that you have these basic first aid kit checklist supplies so that you are better prepared to help when someone is hurt. Knowing how to treat minor injuries can make a difference in an emergency. Consider taking a first aid class too when you can. However, make sure that you simply have the following things that can help you apply first aid even if you haven’t taken the class yet.
First Aid Kit Checklist – The Essentials
- Two pairs of Latex or other sterile gloves if you are allergic to Latex.
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding.
- Cleansing agent/soap and antibiotic towelettes.
- Antibiotic ointment.
- Burn ointment.
- Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes.
- Eye wash solution to flush the eyes or as general decontaminant.
- Band-aids, plasters.
- Prescription medications you take every day such as insulin, heart medicine and asthma inhalers. You should periodically rotate medicines to account for expiration dates.
- Prescribed medical supplies such as glucose and blood pressure monitoring equipment and supplies.
- Aspirin or non-aspirin pain reliever.
- Anti-diarrhea medication.
Other First Aid Kit Supplies
- Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant.