Have you been given the opportunity of getting the bachelorette party (known as a ‘hen party’ in the UK!) ready to be a memorable event. Make sure that you’re all prepared with this bachelorette party checklist and be stress free!
- Set the date. Setting the date is the first step in the planning process. Make sure the date works for everyone in the bridal party. Consider sending out 3 possible dates to all of the guests and ask them to vote on which is best for them. You can do this very easily using the Date Decider feature on Punchbowl. This will ensure everyone in the party can make it.
- Pick a location. Decide on a location or venue to host the party at before sending out any invites. Whether it is at someone’s house, a local restaurant, or a weekend gateway, reserve the venue first so it doesn’t hold up the rest of the logistical planning. TIP: When picking a location, make a list of the top three places just in case one location is booked or unavailable.
- Send invitations. Send out your bachelorette party invitation at least two months in advance. If you are planning on having a destination party, send them out four months in advance to give guests ample time to make travel arrangements and request time off from work. TIP: Confirm RSVP’s three weeks before the party date.
- Make reservations. If the party requires reservations then make sure that you make them at least one month before the date of the party. This includes places such as restaurants, hair/nail care, spa treatments, entertainment shows, bar/club admittance, transportation, excursions, or cooking lessons. Keep in mind that most weddings happen in the from late spring through early fall so bachelorette party venues can often fill up quickly. TIP: One week before the party call to confirm your reservations to avoid any mishaps.
- Buy bachelorette party supplies. One to two weeks before the party purchase all of your bachelorette party supplies. Things like custom t-shirts, veils, garter belts, necklaces, buttons, and naughty candy are all essential to have at any bridal bash. Also, if you plan on having a scavenger hunt then make sure that it is drafted and all the necessary items are purchased.
- Attend to the bride. On the day of the bachelorette party, make sure the bride-to-be is pampered, relaxed, and most importantly having fun. Focusing on the bride’s needs will ensure that the party is successful and memorable.